Thursday, January 14, 2021
7:15 – 9:15 PM CST (via Zoom)
PFLAG, Deerfield, IL
The Deerfield Chapter of PFLAG (Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) will include guest speaker Jameson Pagano, MA, LCPC, Founder & Licensed Therapist, Partners In Pride Wellness Center.
PFLAG is part of a national support, education and advocacy organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people, their families, friends and allies.
Jameson will be discussing his Partners In Pride counseling practice and how parents can best support their children as they come out and/or transition:
- The stress of the global pandemic has elevated awareness and need for of Mental Health services
- What are the most important responses parents can offer when their child comes out?
- How can parents best support their transgender child as they transition to their most authentic self?
- Parents feel they may have been unprepared when their child initially came out – how can they adjust / evolve their initial reaction?
- How can parents, family & allies be more supportive?
- Can you comment on the impact of National Coming Out Day October 11th, 2020?
Additionally, Jameson will comment on the confluence of the Global Pandemic, recent Supreme Court decisions, Civil Unrest, and the upcoming Elections as well as talk about how COVID-19 has impacted his work.